Niagara Clifton Group is hiring an Assistant Manager for our Dairy Queen quick-service restaurant.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist the operations of our Dairy Queen business unit and to provide support and guidance to all supervisors and crew members. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for ensuring that daily operations are sustained and improved as well as ensuring that customer orders are being prepared in an efficient and accurate manner by the team.
Shifts: Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays.
Job Type: Full-Time, Seasonal
Compensation: $18 to $20 per hour, based on experience.
Why Choose the Niagara Clifton Group Team?
- Fun, team-oriented, and dynamic work atmosphere
- Free staff parking and paid lunch breaks
- Discounts on retail merchandise, quick-service food, and dining
- Complimentary passes to our exciting attractions
- Experienced and supportive management team
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Safe and healthy work environment
- On-site Security Team
- Lead by example by maintaining a professional, positive, and friendly attitude that demonstrates a passion for providing genuine and exceptional hospitality toward all guests and employees;
- Encourage and foster a fun and safe atmosphere for staff and guests;
- Comply with, and champion, all Company policies and procedures, food safety and sanitation, and workplace safety guidelines, rules, and regulations;
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the business unit;
- Ensure diligent cash and point-of-sale controls and adhere to strict cash management procedures;
- Schedule labour to align with business sales levels and operational needs;
- Educate and train employees to meet all company standards and safety guidelines;
- Ensure high appearance and presentation standards for the restaurant are consistently achieved; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Niagara Clifton Group operations.
- 1 year of supervisory or management experience in customer-service role required;
- Quick service restaurant or food service experience preferred;
- High school diploma preferred; and
- Food handling certificate an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time;
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of the business;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to remain professional in all circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse and collaborative team; and
- Available to work varied schedules (days, afternoons, evening, weekends, and holidays) to support the business unit’s hours of operation.
We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara Clifton Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Niagara Clifton Group believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.